Google Cloud Developer Challenge 2013: Win Android devices & up to $20,000 Prize
Deadline: November 21, 2013
Are you a developer? Start hacking and enter the challenge! The Google Cloud Developer Challenge is a contest designed to motivate and reward entrants who develop applications that are based on Google’s Cloud Platform that are original and relevant to the region in which they live. Developers in 6 regions across the world will win prizes that include Android devices and up to $20,000 USD. They are also highlighting innovations of students and female developers!
All you have to do is build and submit an amazing application in one of these categories:
- Enterprise/Small Business Solutions, Education, Not for Profit
- Social / Personal Productivity/Games / Fun
A winner will be chosen for each category, in each region — 12 prizes in total. Awards for best mentors! A mentor will be chosen for in each region — 6 prizes in total.
- Generally speaking the challenge is open to software developers all over the world however ensure that you refer to the terms and conditions to see the exceptions.
- Competition Regions: Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa, India, South East Asia, Latin America, United States, Europe and rest of world.
- Effective Use of Google App Engine (Compulsory)
- All submissions must have an appspot.com domain
- with a url in the following format: gcdc2013-<app-name>.appspot.com.
- Originality of Concept
- Relevance to Region (SSA, LATAM, India, SEA, MENA)
- Polish and Appeal
- Usability on multiple screen sizes
- Indispensability: Is the application compelling and/or essential?
- Amount of user interactions on their app (comments, +1s, FB Likes etc)
- Google+ Sign-In / Integration (Not compulsory:Bonus Points)
- Creative use of Youtube and Google Maps APIs (Not compulsory:Bonus Points)
- Use of other Google platforms/APIs (Not compulsory:Bonus Points)
Want to start hacking?
- You can develop applications on the Google Cloud Platform using any of Python, Java, PHP and Go programming languages.
- Join one of our Google Cloud Developer Launch events and Devfests across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- You can also apply for $2,000 worth of Google Cloud Platform credit here using the promo code: gcpdc-in.
- The first round of submissions closes November 21, 2013.
For more information, click here.