Deadline: December 31, 2013
Teachers and students worldwide are invited to take part in the fifth annual International Essay Contest organized by Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs . They are asking thought leaders a series of questions about the greatest ethical challenges facing the planet. One of the questions is, What does moral leadership mean to you? But the project would not be complete without input from students and teachers like you. What do you think? Please include examples of moral leadership worldwide, and/or from your local community and personal experience.
Topic: What does moral leadership mean to you?
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Word document, or email. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
- This competition is open to teachers and students of all nationalities.
- All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
- Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
- Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
- 1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
- All winners also receive a copy of Ethics & International Affairs: A Reader.
For more information, click here.