Masters and Ph.D Scholarships at Kenyatta University
Deadline: October 1, 2013
Students are invited to apply for the masters and one PhD scholarship tenable at Kenyatta University through the International Development and Research Centre (IDRC). IDRC is currently supporting a 3 year (2013-2016) collaborative research project entitled: Assessment of physical activity and active transport among school children in eastern, western and southern regions of Africa: the case of Kenya, Nigeria, and Mozambique. There is an opportunity for one masters and one PhD scholarship in the project.
- Have the relevant qualifications, that is a second class honors (upper division) and above for the masters scholarship and a masters degree for the PhD scholarship.
- Have a bachelors or masters degree in Sports and Exercise Science or Leisure and Recreation Management or Physical Education or Urban Planning or Geography or transport planning
- Have a concept note or full proposal related to active transport or active mobility
- Be willing to work in the research project by putting at least 12 hours per week in the project
- Have been admitted to Kenyatta University for either a masters or PhD degree
- Not be on the university staff development programme
- Be ready to sign a contract with KU and the project leader binding them to work in the project and finish their studies within the stipulated project time i.e. 3 years.
- Be willing and ready to work on the research project so as to get their degrees in the same area.
- Have an interest in physical activity
- Submit 2 letters from academic referees and 1 letter from the university where they got their most recent degree.
- Provide a certificate of good conduct (This applies only to non KU graduates)
- Attach their most recent CV
- Attach their academic certificates and transcripts
Applicants with relevant publications will have added advantage.
For more information, click here.