Deadline: November 7, 2013
Applications from Uganda and Kenya are now invited for the Unreasonable East Africa Institute which runs for the first time in 2014. The program will bring together 10-20 high-impact entrepreneurs from around East Africa in Kampala, Uganda for 5-weeks (Jun 25 – July 31, 2014). They will be provided with world-class mentorship, access to capital, intensive skill training and access to a global network of support that the Unreasonable Institute in Boulder, CO has built!
Unreasonable East Africa is based on a model that has been successful in Boulder, Colorado called the Unreasonable Institute and is dedicated to tackling East Africa’s biggest problems by giving an “unfair advantage” to entrepreneurs creating solutions to East Africa’s biggest social and environmental problems. Their goal is to help each of these ventures grow and eventually scale up to meaningfully impact the lives of over 1 million people.
Applicant should be
- 18 years of age or older
- have a venture addressing a massive social or environmental problem?
- have a relentless entrepreneurial spirit and are you hungry to ensure your venture reaches global scale?
- able to make key, high-level, direction-shifting decisions such as investment and major partnerships) on behalf of your organization?
- currently working and will you continue to work full-time on the development of your venture?
- have at least one team member who is currently full-time and will continue to work full-time on your venture while you are at the Unreasonable Institute?
Open to ventures that:
- Operate in Kenya or Uganda
- Are early-stage ventures that are actively prototyping or iterating their product or service
- Are typically not yet profitable, but may have generated some early revenues
- Are for-profit or non-profit
- Have a strong business model
Review the Eligibility Criteria for details.
For more information, click here.