Deadline: October 21, 2013
The CORA Arts & Cultural Foundation in association with British Council Lagos, invites creative visual artists, (digital artists, graphic designers, video artists / concept artists) to participate in the creation of promotional videos (60 seconds) for the 15th Lagos Book & Art Festival. Participants are welcome to redefine, through their work, what a graphic montage video should do and what a promotional video should be.
The annual Lagos Book and Art Festival (LABAF) is a four day culture picnic with a high book content. LABAF is a culture picnic primed to attract families and a public that seeks cultural entertainment. Holding at Freedom Park, the old colonial prison site on Broad Street, Lagos Island, from November 15 – 17, 2013, the 15th Lagos Book & Art Festival is themed: Nigeria’s Centenary: The Lagos Narrative.
- Young creatives working in the areas of digital art, graphic design, video art and animation, given to experimentation are most welcome to send in entries.
- While groups or partnerships may apply, it must be understood that the application form must bear the name of one group member who the group has accepted to represent it at every stage of the process.
- Only original works may be submitted and works showing evidence of copyright infringements will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner of this competition wins a flight to South Africa to participate at the Design Indaba Expo (28th February – 2nd March 2014) in Cape Town, South Africa.
- In addition the candidate who is successful will be given space to exhibit / feature their works / portfolios at LABAF for the duration of the festival and would be expected to mentor school students participating in the children’s creativity workshops at LABAF 2013 (Nov 15 – 17). Availability for these dates is key.
For more information, click here.