Deadline: September 30, 2013
Entries are now invited for the World Food Day Poster Contest 2013 under the theme: ‘Healthy Food Systems’. The poster contest is co-organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the United Nations Women’s Guild in Rome, Italy.
FAO believes that each of us has the power to help change our food systems. By eating nutritious food and reducing the amount of waste we create, we can help make our food systems more sustainable. Food systems connect us all. Let’s be part of a worldwide change that leads to a healthy future – for ourselves and for our planet.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected in each category.
- The winners will be announced on 16 October 2013 – World Food Day.
- The top three poster designs in all three categories will be published on World Food Day website, and shared through the Facebook accounts of FAO and the EndingHunger movement.
- Certificates of Recognition, signed by a United Nations official, will be sent to all the winners. First-place winners in each category will receive the popular EndingHunger T-shirt and a second surprise gift!
- The contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 17, living in any country of the world.
- Winners will be selected in three categories: ages 5 to 8, ages 9 to 12 and ages 13 to 17.
- Only one entry per person. Submitting multiple entries under the same artist’s name will result in disqualification.
- Multiple designs may be submitted using the same contact email address, but the artist’s name should not be duplicated. This means that teachers or parents can upload multiple files using the same email, but only one file per child is allowed.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolor paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, any language is permitted.
- All artworks must be original and should not include photographic images of the contestant or other personal information.
For more information, click here.