Deadline: November 30, 2013
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Excellence and Equity scholarship in English Language at the AUT University, New Zealand. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist refugees and other students who are financially disadvantaged and who meet the criteria to continue their language study by providing financial assistance for a further semester’s study at AUT. The scholarship covers full tuition and learner services levy fees for one semester of full-time study.
Number and Tenure of Awards
Up to four scholarships are available annually: two in Semester One and two in Semester Two. The scholarship is tenable for one semester of full-time study in the Certificate in English Language or the Certificate in English for Academic Study.
- Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- The scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in English language programmes in the School of Language and Culture in the semester prior to the award.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least one semester in their programme prior to the award.
- Applicants must be supported by English Language teaching staff and have a history of high achievement, good attendance and high motivation in the previous semester.
- Applicants must be facing a degree of financial hardship that hinders their ability to continue study.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic ability and financial hardship.
- Priority will be given to refugees
- Applicants who are aiming to staircase into mainstream study will be given preference.
For more information, click here.