Apply to attend the Conference on Youth Policy and Youth Work in EuroMediterranean Area
Deadline: October 11, 2013
Youth workers and leaders are invited to apply to attend the Youth Policy and Youth Work in EuroMediterranean taking place in Italy from 18-22 November 2013. This conference is an opportunity to focus on the research dimension, promote dialogue and the exchange of knowledge among NGOS, researchers, institution in order to further develop research cooperation and to mainstream youth in research and promoting new projects. This conference is open to participants from Youth in Action Programme countries and MEDA.
The issue of living conditions for young people in Europe and in the MENA-region has been on the agenda of the Euro-Med Youth programme for many years. SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed and RCBS have been working to train youth leaders and to support researches that helps in better understand the reality of youth and youth policy. Research on youth cannot be dissociated from the living reality of young people. Hence, the need to engage youth researchers, representatives from civil society and representatives from governmental institutions involved in youth policy development in a structured dialogue.
- To learn about the results of researches done in Tunisia, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt and Israel and to share and compare with researches done in Europe;
- To promote possibilities for closer interaction between youth policy, youth research and youth work within the Euro-Med;
- To identify priorities and proposals for further development of youth policy ;
- To strengthen the process of Euro-Med cooperation in the youth policy field;
- To promote a stronger involvement of the civil society in the youth field;
- To provide opportunities for new partnerships to develop new projects.
With finance from the Youth in Action Programme, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project.
This conference is open to youth participants from
- Youth in Action Programme countries (EU, Turkey, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and
- MEDA (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Authority of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Syria, Tunisia).
For more information, click here.