Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Fellowship
Deadline: December 1, 2013
Applications are now accepted for the 2014 Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Fellowship program at the American University in Cairo. The objective of the Public Leadership Fellowship Program is to build the capacity of young competent Egyptian nationals in the areas of public policy and public administration, and preparing them for leadership roles in Egypt after the January 25 Revolution. By supporting 300 fellows in 12 cohorts of 25 Egyptian graduate students per year, the Program will have contributed to creating a cadre of well educated, competent graduates ready to take on the responsibility of affecting change in the Egyptian society.
A selected number of exceptional candidates will recieve full sponsorship through this fellowship program to pursue a master’s degree in one of the following six programs at AUC:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Global Affairs (MGA)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Arts in International Human Rights Law
- Master of Law in International and Comparative Law (LLM)
- A full waiver of tuition fees, student services and activities fees
- Remedial English courses
- Book allowance per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation allowance for non-residents of Cairo
- Study abroad opportunity for one semester according to AUC student exchange policies (travel and living expenses)
- Egyptian nationals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in social sciences (business administration, management, political science, law, etc.), engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, etc.) or science (pharmacy, medicine, computer science, chemistry, etc.)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or a rating of gayed geddan.
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents, and any needed additional exams as per AUC’s graduate admissions requirements
- Submit an international TOEFL IBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Minimum of two and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving their bachelor’s degree, preferably in public, nonprofit or international development organizations
- Students must complete their master’s degrees within a period of two and a half years including a semester as a study-abroad.
For more information, click here.