Tullow Group / British Council Scholarship Scheme for Ghanians
Deadline: October 18, 2013
Applications for the Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme for Ghanaian candidates is now open. Scholarships are targeted at individuals who can exhibit a track record of success in their field of endeavour. Candidates must demonstrate a strong personality and ambition, and a commitment to return to Ghana and make a contribution to its future development. The scholarship scheme aims to build capacity in areas where Tullow’s host countries experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, around these countries’ oil and gas industries.
The Scheme gives candidates a chance to receive a high standard of education from internationally recognised institutions, which can then be applied in the scholar’s home country. It is managed by the British Council, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
The scholarship will cover among others;
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly stipend;
- travel costs;
- warm clothing; and
- baggage allowance
The cost of the package per scholar is in the region of $60,000 per annum and the total cost of the Scheme in 2012 was in excess of $6m.
Ghana Scholarship Information
In Ghana, applications for awards towards the 2013/2014 academic year for residents of the Western Region will be accepted until 18 October 2013. Up to 5 Scholarship awards will be given to Western Region indigenes that meet the set criteria.
Only the following courses will be covered:
- Engineering and Technology
- Environment and Geosciences
- Oil and Gas Economics
- Business Journalism
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Law and legal courses
- Other applied sciences apart from medicine
Only online applications will be considered. No paper based application allowed. Please note: funding is not available for 1st degree, Ph.D. or distance learning programmes. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to proceed to the next stage.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Be a citizen and legally resident in participating country;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor degree or Licence (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better);
- Be resident in participating country at the time of application;
- Have work experience with a track record of success in their field of endeavour
- Have not previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to return to their country and to make a contribution to its future development; and
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
* Please note that applicants with second class upper and first class bachelor degrees and may be weighted higher for admission purposes.
For more information, click here.