University of Bern 2014 Master’s Grant for Foreign Students
Deadline: November 30, 2013
Eligible candidates are welcome to apply for a grant at the University of Bern for studies beginning in the autumn term 2014. Six outstanding foreign students will receive monthly financial support for the duration of a Master’s programme. The Master Grant is awarded for all programmes offered by the University of Bern with the exception of Biomedical Science.
Value and Duration of Funding
The monthly payment is 1’600 Swiss Francs. The Grant is first awarded for a period of 13 months starting 1 September 2014. When the Grantee demonstrates academic progress, the Grant is prolonged for the entire regular duration of the Master’s programme.
Besides the above-mentioned financial aid, the Grant covers also the ordinary registration- as well as semester fees for the entire regular study period. However it is important to note that all grantees must pay per semester 55 Swiss Francs for administrative costs in the admissions office as well as the membership fee for the student union
Persons eligible to apply are those;
- Whose permanent domicile at the time of application is outside of Switzerland, and who obtained their Bachelor’s degree outside of Switzerland
- Whose Bachelor’s degree is in the relevant field of study
- Who will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree no later than July 2014
Application Documents required
- The application form;
- A motivation letter, integrated in the application form, in the language of instruction of the chosen Master’s programme;
- Recommendation letters by two professors of the home university. These must be printed on official letterhead and duly signed;
- A certificate of language proficiency in the language of instruction, e.g. TOEFL, Goethe-certificate, etc, (Level: German C1, English B2);
- One photocopy of the Bachelor’s degree or a confirmation (no older than three months) from the home university that the applicant will graduate by the end of July 2014;
- One photocopy of the transcript of records;
- One photocopy of the baccalaureate (school-leaving or university entrance certificate).
For more information, click here.