Deadline: December 4, 2013
Applications for the CSIR South Africa Cambridge Scholarship is now open. The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) works with the Cambridge Commonwealth, European & International Trust to offer the CSIR South Africa Cambridge Scholarship, an opportunity for students to pursue their PhD studies. The aim is to provide emerging researchers with international training and exposure at Cambridge University, which is regularly ranked as one of the best in the World. This scholarship is only available for citizens of South Africa.
The scholarship covers:
- University Composition Fee
- College Fee
- Annual stipend, sufficient for a single person
- Applicants must be from South Africa
- The Trust does not accept applications from students who are part-way through a course at Cambridge, unless they are applying for funding towards a higher degree course following graduation.
- Applicants must be intending to start a course at the level of undergraduate, Masters (such as MPhil, MASt, LLM), and research postgraduate (such as PhD).
- Applicants may study any subject within the fields of Science, Engineering and Technology.
- Applicants must be admitted to the University of Cambridge through the normal academic procedures. The Trust has no role in the admission of applicants to study at the University, and are not able to influence the chances of an applicant being offered a place.
For more information, click here.