Deadline: November 7, 2013
IBM seeks to recruit high-potential recent graduates through the Graduate Trainee program and develop them into Telco IT specialists through a twelve month long on-the-job training. The selected candidates will work in either Network Management, Server administration or Application Support. Each candidate would receive training as specific to their tower, plus everyone will go through training on Service Management and Basics of Telecom IT.
- Working with Competency managers, ensure smooth IT operations for a leading Telco in Africa
- Interacting directly with client team members onsite
- Developing proficiency in one or more areas to become a subject matter expert (SME)
- Preparing data for Management Reporting (and presenting occasionally to local management)
- Undergoing continuous training and development incorporating common soft skills education and specialised classes for IBM
Strengths and Experience
While exposure in computer science / IT is a pre-requisite, what we are primarily looking for is:
- Highly driven, energetic, flexible and resourceful
- Positive attitude towards learning (systems, processes and people)
- Strong quantitative aptitude and Troubleshooting bent of mind (i.e., Problem Solving ability)
- Structured communication ability
- Strong adherence to policies and processes
Eligibility to work in the country to which you are applying
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge in Troubleshooting
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, click here.