Deadline: March 1, 2014
The competition for the prestigious Aberystwyth University Doctoral Career Development Scholarships (DCDS) is now open to students who wish to study for a full-time PhD commencing in September 2014. The scholarship scheme offers a package of research, training and career development for full-time PhD students. These awards are tailored to enable students to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer a breadth of development opportunities to enhance their research, teaching and transferable skills.
Value of DCDS Scholarships
Successful candidates will receive a grant for up to three years which will cover their tuition fees (up to the UK/EU rate of approx. £3900) and also provide them with a maintenance allowance of approximately £13,726 per annum and access to a travel and conference fund (max. £500 per annum).
Non-EU students would have to cover the difference between UK/EU tuition fees and the non-EU tuition fees (approx. £8,350 to £8,600) from their scholarship. However, there will be 3 additional President’s Scholarships, which cover this difference in tuition fees.
To be eligible you must:
- have or expect to obtain at least upper second class honours in your first degree
- apply and be offered a place for doctoral study at Aberystwyth
- achievement of 7.0 in IELTS, or equivalent, as the normal case, for non-UK students (before the end of March 2014 at the latest)
- be commencing your doctoral study in September 2014
Criteria for Selection
- Evidence of the candidate’s potential as a research student
- The contribution which the proposed study would make to the Department’s research profile and research aims
- Candidate’s career development
- Quality of the research proposal
- Judgements on the candidate’s proposal and his/her potential as a researcher
For more information, click here.