Deadline: October 24, 2013
The European Council of Young Farmers (CEJA) is currently looking for a trainee to take on a five month internship. CEJA is a European organisation representing 30 member organisations from 23 Member States to the European Institutions. CEJA is the voice of the next generation of farmers to the EU Stakeholders. The trainee will start as soon as possible and will be paid under Belgium contract of ‘Contrat d’immersion professionnelle’. This position is open to EU nationals or non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
The main duties and responsibilities of the person will include:
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of events
- Assist the communication officer in doing research and writing articles for publications and newsletter, including assistance in compiling the activity report
- Assist the project manager in tasks related to implementation of the EU funded projects, such as dissemination in social media, writing up a press coverage report
- Ability to edit and update CEJA’s online presence
- Ability and politeness to do phone interviews with farmers
- Assist CEJA team in the daily tasks as they appear
- Attend and report on external meetings, take minutes and prepare official reports from round tables, conferences, etc.
- A degree-level education in a relevant discipline
- Experience in communications (website editing)
- Excellent organisational ability
- Excellent spoken and written English; any other European languages an asset
- Computer literate (office applications, internet)
- Enthusiasm to work in a small, interdependent and international team
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to: [email protected], indicating the position in the subject. Also note that due to the high volume of applications only a short list of candidates will be contacted.
For more information, click here.