Deadline: November 1, 2013
Are you seeking sponsorship to attend a global biocultural event/exchange or a meeting of international significance which impacts your home territory or region? Here is your chance! Apply now for the Indigenous Biocultural Exchange Fund (IBEX), which offers you the opportunity to attend an event with all costs covered.
The Institute of International Education is accepting Indigenous Biocultural Exchange Fund (IBEX) applications for events/exchanges taking place between February—May 2014. This fund supports indigenous peoples and local communities to have a voice in the policies and forums that concern biocultural diversity at a global level.
- Maximum of $5,000.00 awarded funding (flexibility based on budget submission).
- The IBEX Fund will help to defray costs, which include international airfare, hotel/lodging, conference fees, meals, incidentals, local transportation, visa fees, and travel insurance.
- The applicant must be Indigenous or a member of a local traditional community.
- Additional preference will be given to: women, youth and first time travelers .
- Funding is not available for those applying to an academic program.
Note: Individuals or organizations must apply for funding for a specific meeting or event.
Questions may be directed to: [email protected]
For more information, click here.