Deadline: December 31, 2013
The Global Fund for Women is accepting applications for its first cycle of grants. Global Fund for Women invests in women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. They strengthen women-led groups based outside the United States by providing grants ranging from $5,000 to $30,000 per year for operating and project expenses. The Global Fund for Women provides three types of Grants classified as Innovation, Strengthening, and Sustaining Grants.
First-time grant awards generally range from $5,000 to $13,000 per year. Proposals that may fall into, but are not limited to, the following broad thematic areas are welcome:
- Building Peace & Ending Gender-Based Violence
- Advancing Health and Sexual & Reproductive Rights
- Expanding Civic & Political Participation
- Ensuring Economic & Environmental Justice
- Increasing Access to Education
- Fostering Social Change Philanthropy
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US based organizations.
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
Groups do not need to be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for funding.
For more information, click here.