2014 Hilti IT Innovation Competition
Deadline: November 18, 2013
Hilti Corporation invites applications for the 2014 Hilti IT Innovation Competition. They want your thoughts on how you envision the future communication and collaboration between Hilti and their customers as well as within Hilti. Think about historical trends and recent market developments in order to imagine future communication and collaboration processes, software or hardware that will enable us to create more outstanding added value.
Help them with the following topics and answer questions like:
Communicating and Collaborating with the customers:
- How will future communication processes between Hilti and our customers look like?
- What is the role of social software (e.g., Facebook or Yammer) in the future working life of Hilti employees and customers?
- How can innovative technologies be used for collaboration (e.g., mobile or wearable technologies like mobile apps or Google Glass)?
Communicating and Collaborating within Hilti:
- How will future communication processes within different global Hilti functions look like?
- What is the role of online office suites (e.g., Office 365), cloud computing or social software (e.g., Yammer) in the Hilti internal communication and collaboration?
… and that‘s not all! They’re looking forward to seeing which additional questions you will identify and address through your submissions.
Hilti will award the most innovative ideas with great prizes.
The top 10 teams, designated as finalists, will be invited to a 2½-day workshop at Hilti headquarters in Liechtenstein (January 9-11, 2014). Here, teams can further develop their ideas and learn more about the Hilti business while networking with a group of highly creative individuals. All finalists are also invited to an awards ceremony where they will be recognized for their accomplishments by Hilti’s CIO and the competition’s international jury.
The prizes are:
- 1st place: Once-in-a-lifetime trip to one of our overseas locations (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Tulsa, Okla. (USA) or Schaan (Liechtenstein))
- 2nd and 3rd place: Hilti power tool
- All finalists: Easier access to internships and the opportunity to launch your collaboration idea.
- Submissions from single participants as well as from teams of up to five persons are welcome. Team size is not a part of the evaluation criteria.
- Participants must read and accept the conditions of participation.
- Students from universities, universities of applied science, from IT, business, engineering and all other disciplines are welcome.
- Neither programming skills nor detailed technical knowledge concerning the construction industry is necessarily required to participate.
Submissions will be judged based on innovation, expected benefits for Hilti and our customers, technical feasibility, preparation and presentation of the solution.
For more information, click here.