2014 Sylt Foundation African Writers’ Residency Award
Deadline: February 21, 2014
Applications are now accepted for the 2014 Sylt Foundation African Writers’ Residency: African Literary Writers. This African Writer’s Residency is aimed to offer a residency to writers of contemporary African literature, who are related to or engaging with contemporary themes and concerns of Africa and the African Diaspora. Writers of African literature are invited to submit a project proposal of the project they wish to work on while in residence. The proposal can be a current or proposed literary project, or a synopsis of the novel, short story or poetry project.
- The residency is open to all African Literary Writers
- The award is open to published writers of poetry, prose, plays and novels.
- Copy of a valid passport conforming to Schengen visa requirements
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Writer’s Profile in English – 500 words
- Two (2) Letters of Reference in English from literary professionals, publishers or academics
- Plus an excerpt (stating the publishers) from:
- one published book
- a volume of poetry
- a (publicly staged) play with information as to where and when it was staged
For more information, click here.