Deadline: April 30, 2014
Nominations are now invited for the 2014 WWSF – Women’s World Summit Foundation Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life. The Prize ($ 1000 per laureate and $ 3000 for specific African women’s organisations), honors women and women’s groups around the world exhibiting exceptional creativity, courage and commitment for the improvement of the quality of life in rural communities. The Prize aims to draw international attention to laureates’ contributions to sustainable development, household food security and peace, thus generating recognition and support for their projects.
- Nominees should be women and women’s groups currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards. They may not nominate themselves.
- The nominating organization or individual must have direct experience of the nominee’s work.
- The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organization, nor can an organization nominate its senior officer (i.e. founder, president etc.).
- No more than 3 nominees may be presented by the same person/organization in the same year.
- The nominator commits to organize an award ceremony if the candidate is selected for the Prize and invite the media.
- The long-term impact of the Prize depends on the integrity of the nominators and the quality of their nominations.
- The Prize is an award for successful accomplishments rather than a fund for future projects.
- The nominee’s history (2-3 pages) should demonstrate the creativity, courage and sometimes sacrifice in her efforts at the grass roots to improve life in rural communities.
- Descriptions should be as specific as possible.
For more information, click here.