Deadline: February 3, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2014-15 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship, designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh. A total of 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic session. Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- The awards are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
NOTE: Successful applications will receive their Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship result letter in April 2014.
For more information, click here.