Apply: The War Against Youth-unemployment (W.A.Y.) Africa Forum in Nigeria
Deadline: December 1, 2013
Calling all young talented and creative individuals, young project coordinators, young intellectuals, young researchers, and young experts in relevant fields full of new ideas to tackle youth-unemployment in Africa and ready to work collaboratively for collective international benefit! The Heal the World Mission Inc. invites you to apply to attend the WAY Africa forum taking place from January, 28th – 31st 2014 at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture IITA PMB, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria ((Largest metropolitan city in Nigeria and the third in Africa after Cairo & Johannesburg).
This is a 3-day action packed, high degree, idea generating, brain storming, mind grooming, challenging yet fun filled, “get result” open discussion. The gathering harnesses the power of youth, their cultural diversity, their domain expertise and their deep conversations about today’s youth-unemployment challenge and then accelerate them into profitable ventures for international development.
The six goals of the forum are:
- To EXPOSE young people to both leadership and international developmental issues by connecting with youth from 54 African countries and startup leaders.
- To EDUCATE young people on the principles of purposeful living and successful achievement through assistance and advice from leading achievers.
- To EMPLOY young people to lead purposeful change in their immediate environment and inspire others and influence local global change by identifying like minded leaders among the international participants
- To ENGAGE young people positively and commit them to societal development and socio-economic growth by providing platforms where winning ideas can thrive.
- To ENJOIN young people to promote godly virtues by imbibing sound morals and ethical values.
- To ESTABLISH “WORLD CHANGERS CLUB” in the 54 Countries of Africa by presenting the WORLD CHANGERS AMBASSADOR EMBLEM to all participants. And also go into partnership with TOP VIABLE IDEAS
- 18 – 30 years old.
- Passionate about creating an impact and becoming a solution to the world problems by presenting a VIABLE IDEA to tackle Youth-unemployment in Africa.
- Know the power of teams and co-founders, and are exited, ready to work collaboratively with people from all around the world
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Guinea (Conakry)
- Guinea (Bissau)
- Sierra Leone
Secondary – (North, East, South & Central African Countries)
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville)
- Sao Tome & Principe
- South Africa
- Western Sahara*
- Other Countries
“Accommodation costs are covered by the organizers. Travel scholarships can only be granted in exceptional cases”
For more information, click here.