Apply for a Yoseloff Scholarship to attend 2014 SABR Analytics Conference
Deadline: December 31, 2013
The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) through generous funding from The Anthony A. Yoseloff Foundation, Inc., will award up to four scholarships to college students who wish to attend the 2014 SABR Analytics Conference on March 13-15, 2014, in Phoenix, Arizona. This scholarship will pay for registration, air transportation and lodging up to a total value of $1,250.
About the Scholarship
The objective of this scholarship fund is to encourage student engagement with baseball analytics, and to engender an active interest in baseball research and SABR. The Yoseloff scholarship is to assist young researchers who want to attend SABR’s Analytics Conference and to introduce them to fellow SABR members and professionals within the baseball community. Through this fund, SABR hopes to inspire future baseball research, expose students to high-quality research and build the research capability of interested students.
To apply, submit an essay of 750 words or less answering the following questions: “How does attending this conference help you in analytics and/or baseball research? Why would this conference be beneficial for you to attend?” Style guidelines are available on the application form.
- You must be a student currently enrolled in a high school, college undergraduate or graduate program
- You must be between 18 and 29 years of age at the time of the conference. Some form of age verification (photocopy of driver’s license, passport, etc.) must be attached to your application
- Only one essay will be accepted per applicant
- Any previous winner of a Yoseloff scholarship is not eligible for a future scholarship.
- In addition, any participant in the Diamond Dollars Case Competition is not eligible for the Analytics scholarship.
Note: An applicant may also apply for a Yoseloff scholarship to attend the SABR 44 Annual Convention in Houston (that application form will be made available when SABR 44 registration opens). The scholarship winners will be notified by January 20, 2014.
For more information, click here.