Deadline: December 6th 2013
MATCH International is accepting applications for the MATCH International Women’s Fund, a social innovation fund for women that supports women’s rights organizations around the world to make lasting changes in the lives of women and girls. Minimum grant amount will be $10,000 and will not exceed $20,000 CAD.
Recognizing that social innovation is not a linear process the MATCH International Women’s Fund welcomes proposals that fall under the following funding streams:
- Holding Ground: This stream supports organizations that are contributing to the sustainability of women’s rights, women’s justice and equality. These will be organizations that face financial or political vulnerabilities in delivering programs and are in need of financial and other kinds of support from MATCH.
- Breaking Ground: This funding stream supports organizations that have proven or promising early stage innovations and that need additional support to create the capacity and conditions to effectively sustain them.
Grant Criteria and Eligibility
Both Holding Ground and Breaking Ground grant streams require that organizations meet these three essential criteria:
- Are governed, directed, and led by women.
- The primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights.
- Have a demonstrated track record and community support.
In addition, they look forward to working with women’s rights organizations that:
- Are women-led, working at the grassroots level to support women and girls.
- Do not have access to funds from larger donor agencies.
- Are based and working in the Global South.
- Are working on issues that are difficult or controversial for women to raise in their communities, yet are critical to the realization of women’s human rights.
- Are organized and led by women from particularly marginalized populations, including but not limited to: refugees, rural women, economically disadvantaged women, women with disabilities, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQI) populations, sex workers, women affected by military occupation, women in conflict and post-conflict regions, girls and young women, and women from ethnic, religious, and cultural minorities.
- Actively include the perspectives of those served by or benefiting from the group’s activities.
Please note that the MATCH International Women’s Fund does NOT fund the following:
- Government entities
- Groups without a strong women’s rights focus
- Groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals
- Groups headed and managed by men, without women in the majority of leadership positions
- Political parties or election campaigns
NOTE: Successful applicants will be notified in January 2014.
For more information, click here.