33Fifty: The Commonwealth Youth Leadership Programme in Scotland
Deadline: March 16, 2014
33Fifty is a leadership programme for young Commonwealth leaders that aims to develop young leaders to bring people together, reconcile differences, lead change and use the Commonwealth’s networks effectively. 33Fifty will bring together 100 dynamic 18–25 year-olds from across the Commonwealth for a four-day programme in Glasgow to tackle a challenge of fundamental importance to the Commonwealth.
Participants will have unique opportunities to develop critical leadership skills to help them in their studies, careers and civic life. They will explore Glasgow and Edinburgh, meeting local leaders from public, private and not-for-profit organisations as well as leaders from the wider Commonwealth gathered for Glasgow 2014. 33Fifty will run immediately prior to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, as part of the official cultural programme.
- Be a youth leader aged 18-25 years from a Commonwealth country
Through taking part in 33Fifty, participants will gain:
- leadership skills to help them in their studies, careers and civic life
- the ability to make a difference to their communities, the Commonwealth and wider world
- access to global networks and an alumni community of engaged Commonwealth citizens
- Cultural Intelligence – the ability to thrive in multiple cultures.
- Accommodation will be provided by Glasgow University and Edinburgh University during the programme.
- During the programme food and transport will also be provided.
- Participants must make their own arrangements for transport to Scotland.
For more information, click here.