Deadline: December 20, 2013
EarthCorps invites applications from emerging environmental leaders around the world to participate in an environmental service program in the USA. The international corps member position is a 6-month service learning experience with EarthCorps in Seattle, WA, USA. Young environmental leaders from countries outside the United States will join US AmeriCorps members to develop skills in environmental service, community building and leadership.
Participants take part in environmental restoration projects, such as invasive plant removal, tree-planting, trail construction, and erosion control. Projects are located throughout Washington State.
City: Seattle/King County
State: Washington (note: not Washington, DC)
- Be Between 18-28 years old
- Have Experience in environmental field work and intercultural exchange
- Be Commitment to community service and previous experience in volunteer service
- Have No Criminal Record
- Have Conversational English
- Have a 4 year college degree in the environmental field and 1 year of work experience in the environmental field*
- Have 5 years of work experience in the environmental field*
*Please note that EarthCorps is required by the US government to ensure that every applicant meets strict criteria in order to qualify for a US J-1 Trainee visa. You must have a university degree in an environmental field and/or environmental work experience to qualify.
EarthCorps international participants will receive:
- A Monthly Stipend
- Health Insurance
- Homestay Family
- A Public Transit pass for transportation around the Seattle area
EarthCorps charges no fees for international participants. However, there are costs involved in applying for a visa to participate in the program. Additionally participants are required to purchase a roundtrip ticket to and from Seattle before participating in the program. They are no longer able to offer airfare scholarships and recognize this is a change from past practices.
For more information, click here.