2014 Global Social Venture Competition for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Applications for the 2014 Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) is now open. The Global Social Venture Competition is the world’s preeminent social business plan competition providing aspiring entrepreneurs with mentoring, exposure, and $50,000 in prize money to transform their ideas into businesses that will have positive real world impact. GSVC is a partnership of premier business schools in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
The GSVC occurs over three rounds. The first two are run through 9 partner schools globally. During each round of the competition, social entrepreneurs present the social, financial, and environmental values of their business, gaining valuable feedback from and exposure to some of the greatest minds in social innovation.
Winners are announced at the culmination of the global finals and prizes are awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $25,000
- 2nd place: $15,000
- 3rd place: $7,500
- People’s Choice Award: $1,500
- Quick Pitch Award: $1,000
Ensure your venture is eligible. Submitted ventures:
- Should plan to be financially sustainable or profitable
- Must be scalable long term.
- Must have a quantifiable social and/or environmental bottom line incorporated into their mission and practices.
- Cannot have been in operation for more than 3 years
- May not be a wholly owned subsidiary of an existing entity
Ensure your team is eligible
- Your team must include a graduate student from any masters-level or post-graduate higher education program in any area of study in the world; the student must be actively involved in the venture
- Your team should include a statement in the business plan describing the graduate student’s level of involvement.
- The graduate student or recent graduate must be one of the plan’s presenters in the final round of the competition.
- Teams are strongly encouraged to include seasoned entrepreneurs and professionals with relevant skills and experience.
Submission deadlines vary by region and partner competition. Based on where your team is located, apply through the appropriate regional partner. Most GSVC entry deadlines occur between November, 2013 and January 2014.
For more information, click here.