Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program 2014 at UC Berkeley
Deadline: January 17, 2014
The Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (ELP) invites applications from mid-career professionals around the world for the 2014 summer course on “Sustainable Environmental Management” taking place at the University of California, Berkeley, from July 6 – July 26, 2014. The Beahrs ELP is an annual three-week certificate course in environmental science, policy, management, and leadership at UC Berkeley
The Beahrs ELP offers a unique learning opportunity for mid-career practitioners and decision-makers to broaden their knowledge and perspectives on environmental and natural resource science, policy, management, and leadership. Through exposure to innovative sustainability approaches and dialogue, ELP participants develop the tools and skills necessary to meet environmental goals that also reduce poverty and social conflict.
ELP training at UC Berkeley will benefit practitioners who are leading efforts to bridge conservation and poverty reduction. Participants include:
- leaders working on sustainable agriculture and food systems, natural resource management, environmental policy, climate change and community-based development;
- environmental professionals innovating through cross-sectoral collaboration; and
- men and women seeking exposure to interdisciplinary perspectives from UC Berkeley faculty and global peers.
- Proficiency in English to allow full participation in course discussions;
- A resumé that demonstrates strong professional experience and leadership potential;
- Affiliation with an institution concerned with environmental management/sustainable development.
More information on training cost, financial support and partial sponsorship are available here.
For more information, click here.