Girls Impact the World Film Festival – Call for Entries
Deadline: December 31, 2013
Girls Impact the World Film Festival is now accepting submissions for consideration for the inaugural Girls Impact the World Film Festival presented by the Harvard College Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC) and Connecther.org. The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is a film festival and scholarship program in which high school and undergraduate college students submit 3-5 minute short films that focus on a variety of global women’s issues, including education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls and a variety of other issues.
Do you know a Girl Greening Up the World? The Ian Somerhalder (IS) Foundation & Girls Impact the World have partnered to present the inaugural GITW / Green IS Award! Learn more.
Winners will be awarded over $20K in prizes! They will receive film distribution channels as well as an internship opportunity at Creative Visions in Los Angeles. An official screening and red carpet will take place at the Harvard University campus in Cambridge, MA on February 22, 2014. Learn more.
- Applicant(s) must be 25 or under on December 31, 2013
- Currently enrolled undergraduates (global) OR (2) Full-time high school students
- The GITW Film Fest Competition is not open to any resident of the following countries: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
Videos must EITHER:
- Raise awareness about current issues affecting women and girls around the world OR
- Propose solutions to current challenges faced by women
Review the guidelines carefully before applying.
For more information, click here.