Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI): 2014 Application Open!
Deadline: January 4, 2014
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) is now accepting applications for the 2014 program year. CYFI is a dynamic youth-based initiative launched in 2011 by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. CYFI brings together Nigerian youth of exceptional vision, skills and experience to design and implement projects that have a positive impact on Nigerian society. Former Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, was a champion of civil liberties, democracy and closer ties between the U.S. and Nigeria.
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year. The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern you
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
The 2014 application is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
What CYFI is looking for:
- You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country
- Skill & Experience
- You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking
- You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project.
- You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complimentary organizations
- You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make
For more information, click here.