2014 Shell – SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship for Niger Delta Students in UK
Deadline: January 24, 2014
The competition for the 2014/15 Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship is now open. Shell is delighted to sponsors the SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. The main objective of the scholarship scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The scholarship will cover a) Tuition fees, b) One return flight from Nigeria to the UK and c) Contribution towards living expenses only. Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities Annual Rates and are limited to this.
Courses that qualify for a scholarship
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Petroleum Geophysics
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS);
- be aged between 21-28 years;
- be an indigene of rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required);
- currently reside in Nigeria;
- intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
- have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree);
- be neither a current nor former employee (having left employment within the last five years) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd., or be related to current employees of any of these companies;
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
For more information, click here.