Youth Employment Network Free E-Coaching Programme for Young Entrepreneurs Worldwide
Deadline: December 2, 2013
The Youth Employment Network (YEN) is currently accepting applications from entrepreneurs and potential coaches to participate in their free online business coaching program. The YEN Marketplace offers a free E-Coaching programme that matches experienced mentors to young entrepreneurs from around the world. YEN is looking for young entrepreneurs interested and motivated to learn from e-coaches with significant education and experience.
Mentorship can make a crucial difference for young entrepreneurs with lots of ambition but not much experience. Having a coach means having an objective listener to discuss ideas and plans, a support when things get stressful, and a source of advice and guidance.
The programme aims to:
- Provide entrepreneurs with direct access to business expertise
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between entrepreneurs
- Provide substantial personal support to entrepreneurs to supplement their institutional and financial resources
Benefits for entrepreneurs and e-coaches
Using the YEN Marketplace as an online platform for communication, knowledge sharing, and networking, the E-Coaching programme aims to make this mentorship a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for both mentees and mentors. Participating entrepreneurs benefit from the mentor’s advice, knowledge and expertise in a specific industry. E-Coaches benefit from training, networking and the opportunity to give back.
You can request an e-coach if you fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a young entrepreneur (aged 16-35) who has recently started or is in the process of starting a business.
- You need to have reliable access to a good internet connection because we will try to match you with a suitable mentor who you will communicate with online (mostly email and Skype)
- You are willing to dedicate at least four hours per month for a minimum period of 6 months, preferably for a period of 12 months
- You are proficient in one of the following languages: English, Spanish, French
YEN is a partnership of the United Nations, the International Labour Organization and the World Bank, set up after the Millennium Summit in 2001 to find new and durable solutions to the youth employment challenge.
For more information, click here.