2014 SUSI Student Leaders Program on Journalism & New Media for Bangladeshi Students
Deadline: December 19, 2013
Applications are open for the U.S. State Department’s Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) Program for Student Leaders! The SUSI program is a five week exchange program in the U.S. that will provide undergraduate students with a deeper understanding of the U.S. while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. It will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. This Institute is focused on journalism and new media, and will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a free press in American society.
Candidates nominated for this program will:
- have a strong interest in new media;
- be fluent in English;
- be typically under 25 years of age;
- be in their second or third year of studying in a bachelors/honors program;
- be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the SUSI program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- have demonstrated commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have had little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel program; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
For more information, click here.