Apply for the 2014 Bezos Scholars Program at the Aspen Institute (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 18, 2014
Are you ready to turn your passion into action? Apply now for the 2014 Bezos Scholars Program at Aspen Insitute. The Bezos Scholars Program @ the Aspen Institute is a year-long leadership development program for top high school students and exceptional educators to put their education into action. The program begins with an all-expenses-paid scholarship to attend the acclaimed Aspen Ideas Festival (AIF) in Colorado, a remarkable gathering of thinkers and change agents from around the world. Scholars return home prepared to create change in their own communities through Local Ideas Festivals.
The Bezos Scholars Program covers ALL expenses, including airfare, transportation, lodging, meals and festival fees for student and educator scholars.
Throughout the academic year, Scholars participate in virtual Bezos Scholars Program trainings and are invited to apply for a $1,000 seed grant to design and implement their Local Ideas Festival.
Applicants must be attending a school that meets the following criteria:
- Public High School (including Charter and Magnet schools)
- At least 25 percent of students are eligible for free/reduced lunch program (this is a firm cutoff)
- Offers Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or college credit courses
Student Scholar applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a public high school that meets the above criteria
- Public high school junior during the 2013-14 academic year
- Legal U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstrates leadership in school and community
- Scored exceptionally well on PSAT/SAT/or ACT
- Taking Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate classes or college/community courses
- GPA of 3.5, or higher
- Availability to participate on all dates
For more information, click here.