Deadline: December 13, 2013
Sarus invites applications 2014 Sarus Exchange Program (SEP). SEP is six months in length and consists of orientation and training in participants’ home countries, a one-month exchange, and community education projects after the exchange. Sarus is a Phnom Penh-based social enterprise whose mission is to foster regional peace through innovative leadership training and cultural exchange programs for young leaders.
Selection to SEP is highly competitive. Those accepted to the program can expect a uniquely challenging experience that pushes them to their physical, emotional, and social limits, all in a safe and supportive environment.
Upon returning to their home countries after the July Exchange, all Sarus Leaders complete a community education project in which they share their experiences in a creative and personally meaningful way with members of their home communities. The community education project is the final official component of Sarus Exchange Program.
You MUST be…
- a Cambodian or Vietnamese citizen
- pursuing a bachelor degree at a university or community college in Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City, or Can Tho
- fluent or near-fluent in oral and written English
- committed to attend every Sarus training and orientation event, participate fully in the exchange program, and complete a community education project and independent research paper afterward
You should have…
- a proven experience of meeting deadlines
- interest and/or experience working with children
- interest and/or experience volunteering and ability to live on a budget
- interest and/or experience doing construction, farming, hiking, or physically-demanding sports
- interest and/or experience cooking and cleaning
- video, photography, and/or graphic design skills/experience
If you meet the above criteria and would like to submit an application to participate in the 2014 Sarus program, please download the following materials below to begin the process.
For more information, click here.