Deadline: January 20, 2014
Applications are now open for the Valcanus in Japan for European Students. The Vulcanus in Japan programme is an industry-oriented student exchange program for EU students that started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU students at the EU-Japan Center for Industrial Cooperation. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow a one-week seminar on Japan, a four-month intensive Japanese language course, and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
The European students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
Are you eligible?
You must be:
- an EU citizen
- a student of engineering or science at an EU University, enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme*.
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
* Computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system,…
For more information, click here.