Deadline: April 15, 2014
Are you a student who loves to code or have a great idea for a mobile app? This is your chance to join an amazing app-building contest run by Google. One where you’ll be able to test your ingenuity and coding skills against other students from around the world.
The AdMob Student App Challenge is a a mobile app contest open exclusively to students, where participants must submit a mobile application that is available in the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store and uses AdMob for monetization, in addition to a business report that summarizes their strategy. The goal is to build a great app, and learn to make money from it with AdMob, while competing with other students globally.
AdMob is a platform for app developers to help them make money from apps and advertise them too, and it’s owned by Google.
Google has got some awesome Google-sized prizes, such as a week-long trip to San Francisco including a visit to Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, the opportunity to get your app featured on the Google Play Store and other cool things.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
- above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry;
- not a resident of Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, or Syria;
- not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions;
- actively enrolled as a student at any educational institution; and
- have access to the Internet during the Contest Period. Contest is void in Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, Syria, and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google Inc., and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities“), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
Student Registration:6 November 2013 – 31 March 2014
Competition Window:6 November 2013 – 15 April 2014
Deadline for submitting your app:31 March 2014
Deadline for Submitting Business Reports:15 April 2014
Finalists Announcement:May 15 2014
Global Winner Announcement:May 28 2014
For more information, click here.