Ventures Africa Internship Programme for Students
Looking for an exciting internship with one of Africa’s newest and foremost business magazines? Apply now for the 3 month Venturers Internship Program, a platform open to students in the higher institution, who are interested in business and financial journalism. Ventures-Africa seeks talented University Students with a desire to learn more about online journalism in a fast paced start up environment, and will provide a structured internship experience for those individuals.
Duration: 3 months
Selection: Interns will be selected through out the year for periods of 3 months.
Work hours/ Remuneration: Interns would be required to work between 9am and 5pm, 3 times a week and would be given a monthly stipend.
Award: Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation and are encouraged to place their experience with Ventures-Africa on their CVs.
- To provide exposure to the world of online business writing and reporting
- To provide the opportunity to gain experience in a working office environment and gather knowledge of organizational structure
- To provide a chance to discover and develop new areas of interest, talents and strengths
- To provide classes on writing, reporting, editing and journalism with the rest of the Ventures-Africa news staff
- To provide opportunities to produce multimedia projects and presentations for the Ventures-Africa website
Ventures Africa seeks interns with a background or course of study in the following fields:
- Mass Communication
- Computer Science
- Advertising / Media
Ventures Africa also understand that in an entrepreneurial society, certain interests and skills might not be linked with a student’s course of study. Interested persons should also have basic skills in any of the following areas:
- Web design
- Graphics design
- Social media
To qualify, Interns must be enrolled in a higher institution
- They must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- They must have proof of their interest/expertise in any of our core areas listed above
- They must be teachable and be able to work in a team
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the Venturers Internship Program, along with a CV and two letters of recommendation to email address below.
Applicants will be notified by email within two weeks of applying.
For more information, please email recruitment(at)ventures-africa.com.