AFD-PSIA Student Scholarships in Development for Africans 2014
Deadline: February 4, 2014
Applications for the 2014 Student Scholarships in Development is now open. The Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) in partnership with the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) is offering multiple scholarships ranging from partial to full tuition grants to incoming students in the Development programs of PSIA, coming from AFD priority countries in Africa. The AFD is the main implementing agency for France’s official development assistance to developing countries and overseas territories.
- Eligible candidates are students admitted to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2014 intake, and enrolled in the Master in Development Practice (one‐year program). Students enrolled in the Master in International Development (two‐year program) are also eligible.
- The AFD‐PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to students from Africa. Priority will be given to students coming from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ghana, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, and Togo.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the best candidates on the basis of their academic record and their project at Sciences Po. In principle, the AFD‐PSIA Scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
The AFD‐PSIA scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at PSIA on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of class). Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn.
- Master in Development Practice: in principle, the scholarship is offered for one year. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester.
- Master in International Development: in principle, the scholarship is offered for both years of study.
- Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance over the course of the first year or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second year.
- The scholarship is dependent on the awardees completing their course of study at PSIA. A change in
- Master will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Please note that the scholarship offer is for students beginning their studies in September 2014 and may not be deferred.
For more information, click here.