INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship (Up to €10,000)
Deadline: January 8, 2014
Students from Africa are invited to apply for a scholarship through the INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship. Classmates from 2007, Sam’s family and friends, INSEAD staff and former colleagues have all contributed to this scholarship fund in memory of Sam Akiwumi ’07D (a Ghana/UK national) who died tragically in the year he was at INSEAD. The scholarship is targeted at participants from Africa, (preference for Ghanaians) with an amount up to €10,000.
- Candidates admitted to the MBA programme from Africa qualify. Preference will be given to Ghanaians and to candidates who demonstrate financial need.
Essay topic :
In approximately 350 words for all the questions that follow:
- state why you feel an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your particular career needs,
- explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation.
In approximately 350 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year e.g. details of income (such as your income, investment income, savings, property rentals,etc) set against details of expenditure (such as local outgoings, INSEAD fees, rent living expenses).
- How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship or financial aid from INSEAD?
- Why INSEAD should consider you for a need-based scholarship?
- What amount do you consider appropriate?
Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
To be considered for this scholarship, please complete the Need-based Scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline for July 2015 Class:
Applications Open: 20 December 2013
Deadline: 8 January 2014
Applications Open: 14 January 2014
Deadline: 31 January 2014
Applications Open: 14 April 2014
Deadline: 28 April 2014
For more information, click here.