National Research Council Canada – Research Associate Program
Deadline: Not specified
Applications are now open for the Research Associate Program at the National Research Council Canada. The Research Associate Program provides promising scientists and engineers with the opportunity to work in a challenging research environment during the early stages of their career. Applicants will be selected competitively and must demonstrate the ability to perform original, high-quality research in their chosen field.
Research Associates will be offered appointments to the staff of the National Research Council on a term basis and will be offered salaries and benefits currently available to Research Officers. Salaries commensurate with experience are taxable and subject to other deductions. As a guide, the current annual Ph.D. recruiting rate is $52,940 (plus allowance of $8,000).
- You are eligible for the Research Associate Program if you possess a Ph.D. in natural science or engineering or a Master’s degree in an engineering field earned within the last five years, or you expect to obtain the degree within six months.
- You must have a demonstrated ability to perform original high-quality research in your chosen field. This will be the main criterion used in selecting candidates and in considering extensions of their term.
- Although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, Associateships are open to nationals of all countries.
- The offer of an Associateship does not ensure foreign nationals Permanent Residency in Canada.
- Non-Canadian candidates should apply for non-immigrant status (i.e. temporary status) and an employment visa.
For further information, please contact the closest Canadian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate in your area.
For more information, click here.