Youth Challenge International is recruiting Youth Ambassadors for their projects in Tanzania and Ghana. If you are 18 years and above, here is an opportunity join an international youth development organization for community service projects.
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a non-profit youth development organization that was founded on the principles of volunteerism. The mission of YCI is to build communities and leaders through Global Youth Development. YCI strives to achieve its youth development vision with the commitment and energy of its volunteers.
Key Project Activities Include:
- Work with partners to conduct professional skills training (including public-speaking, resume and
- career development, needs assessment, community development and project planning) for young leaders in the local area
- Work with partners to organize health outreach events including SRH, HIV/AIDS, environmental health and substance abuse in urban and rural areas
- Support organizations working on issues of gender equality and prevention of gender-based violence
- Coordinate girls club trainings, peer educator support, life skills and health education classes
- Engage youth in community initiatives, opportunities and activities to mobilize and promote youth leadership in community health and environmental education
- Design activities to develop leadership skills in youth
- Facilitate positive youth engagement through innovative use of technology
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Background in development, business or the humanities
- Experience in facilitation and/or community mobilization
- Training in public health; experience leading health discussions; good knowledge of HIV/AIDS and other STIs
- Knowledge of leadership issues as they relate to youth, especially female youth
- Knowledge on Information and Communication Technologies, especially film and video production
- Proven effectiveness in cross-cultural settings
- Prior overseas experience an asset
You can apply if;
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You are a Canadian, American or European Union citizen or landed immigrant to Canada, the United States or EU. YCI welcomes all international applicants, however, these will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- You are a great communicator, capable in English, both verbal and written.
- You are physically able to meet the demands of living and working in the field.
- You must also be:
- Motivated, flexible and committed to working alongside young people, partners, YCI staff and communities.
- Willing and keen to live and work within a team environment and basic conditions.
- Available to commit to the entire duration of a YCI project
- Able to fundraise and/or contribute to YCI’s Global Youth Development Programs
NOTE: Applications are accepted all year-round for Youth Ambassador and Youth Discovery programs—you can apply anytime!
For more information, click here.