2014 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent at Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: January 17, 2014
The application for the 2014 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent is open. The Fellowship Programme provides participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
The 2014 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent will be held from 24 March to 11 April 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland. The programme will coincide with the 14th session of the UN Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent. This will enable the fellows to attend and contribute to the work of the secretariat of the Working Group, and gain a better understanding of its mandate and work.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter of support from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
For more information, click here.