Kader Asmal Fellowships for Postgraduate Study in Ireland 2014
Deadline: February 17, 2014
Canon Collins Trust, on behalf of the Government of Ireland, invites applications for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme. Under this fellowship programme, Irish Aid supports students from South Africa to undertake Masters or Postgraduate Diploma level studies in Ireland in strategically-important disciplines.
The fellowship programme has two strands:
- Eight annual awards for postgraduate study in Business Management; Agriculture, Food Science & nutrition; and Public Administration
- B: A fellowship in Human Rights Law at Trinity College Dublin to be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC)
To apply for this scholarship through the Canon Collins Trust you must:
- be a national of South Africa or Zimbabwe
- legally resident in South Africa
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application.
- be applying for a full-time one-year master’s degree in one of the eligible courses at an approved Irish university
For full eligibility criteria please see the Scholarship Guidelines.
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees;
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
For more information, click here.