The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students scheme is established by the Beijing Municipal Government. The Beijing Scholarship for International Students is a special fund set up as tuition scholarship for those international students who are either currently enrolled or planning to attend higher learning institutions in Beijing. The Scholarship only covers tuition fees.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
Education background and age limit
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for Masters degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
- Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
- An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
Deadline: February 28, 2014
For more information, click here.