The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly-qualified students and are awarded for studies in Sweden starting in an autumn semester. The scholarships are intended for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden and cover both living costs and tuition fees. For 2014-2015, 450 scholarships will be granted within Category 1, and 100 scholarships will be granted within Category 2.
- The scholarships are only intended for students who are required to pay tuition fees according to the information at University Admissions.
- There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
- The Swedish Institute is looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applications regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs.
A scholarship cannot be granted for a student who:
- Has already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- Has Swedish or EU/EEA-citizenship, a permanent residence permit or a work permit in Sweden. (Not applicable for students from Syria.)
- Has previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college.
- Already holds a degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Is currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college.
Countries of eligibility
The programme is open to candidates from two different categories of countries.
If your country is listed here you can only apply within this category.
For 2014, citizens of the following countries can apply for the scholarship within this category: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Candidates with citizenship from the majority of countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients can apply to this program. Citizenship priorities will be announced on 2 January 2014 at the latest.
Please note that candidates with citizenship from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine cannot apply to this programme, but instead are eligible to apply for another scholarship SI scholarship programme.
Application opens 3 February 2014.
Deadline: February 11, 2014
For more information, click here.