Wells Mountain Foundation Education Scholarship Program for Undergrad Study
Deadline: April 1, 2014
Applications are now open for the Wells Mountain Foundation’s Empowerment Through Education Scholarship Program. By providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the Foundations hopes that the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
The scholarship awards are determined by the Board of Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year. Applications must be received by April 1, 2014 to be considered for the 2013-2014 academic year.
For more information, click here.