Finance Manager Vacancy at Friends of the Earth Europe
Deadline: February 8, 2014
Friends of the Earth (FoE) Europe is looking for a Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green NGOs in Brussels and to be part of a vibrant network of national member organisations. Under supervision of the Head of Operations, the Finance Manager will support the Organisation’s financial capacities in collaboration with the Campaigns, Programmes and Management.
Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites more than 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see www.foeeurope.org for more information.
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary between 3.104,- to 3.321,- Eur, depending on experience, plus benefits (13th month, lunch vouchers, pension scheme and hospitalisation insurance). Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium.
This is a full time position FoEE offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building.
Goals and responsibilities include:
- Transactions management and recording
- Budget & Budgeting
- Finance and monitoring
- Fundraising and reporting
- Finance Team and staff Leadership
- Advanced academic background in finance and/or economics
- Proven coordination and planning skills
- Advanced Excel skillsExcellent negotiation and inter-personal communication skills
- Advanced analytical capacities, combined with ability to translate complex financial data into clear and simple information for different audiences
- Ability to develop systems, procedures & tools to ensure a quality financial management throughout the organisation
- High attention to detail
- A very good command of English, which is the working language for this post (other languages are an advantages, in particular French or Dutch)
- Experience as a financial manager within an organisation of relevant scale and complexity for at least 2 years
- Familiarity with high degree of restricted funding and management of EC grants
- Capacity to manage a small team in a dynamic and constructive way
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional support to colleagues and other stakeholders
- Committed to FoEE’s vision, mission and values
- Able to work in the Brussels office on a daily basis
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work as well as occasional international travel.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet our criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, send us a motivation letter with a CV and contact details for three references to [email protected] mentioning “finance manager” in the message subject.
NOTE: The application deadline is 8th February 2014, online tests will be held on 12-13 Feb. and interviews are planned for 18-20th Feb 2014.
For more information, click here.