Deadline: February 28, 2014
Is your app a winner? Developers, startups and students who have an idea for a great app, here is your opportunity! You are invited to submit your entries and compete in the Ericsson Application Awards 2014 for the best Android or iOS apps. This competition will give you and your team the opportunity to gain a foothold in the app industry, while also earning recognition and making contacts within the telecom industry.
The Ericsson Application Awards is a global app competition with two main categories: one for students and one for companies. A jury will select the best apps that address the theme of Apps for Working Life in each of the categories above.
- Each category carries a first prize of EUR 25,000 and a second prize of EUR 10,000.
- The competition is global and open to both students and small and medium sized enterprises (less than 100 employees). There are two categories: one for students and one for companies.
- There will also be a special recognition for innovation supporting Technology for Good.
- Develop an application based on the Android or Apple iOS platform (Web or Native) that addresses the theme.
- Submit a demo video and a working prototype application by February 28, 2014.
- The application must be an original work.
- The prize money will be shared equally among the registered team members. The winning teams will be contacted to ensure payment of the prize. The winners will be announced on this site.
The submitted applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Android application or Apple iOS (Native or Web)
- Addresses the theme “Apps for the Working Life”
- Working application prototype
- Innovative solution
- Business potential
For more information, click here.