2014 Canon Collins Scholarship for Masters Study in the UK
Deadline: March 10, 2014
The Canon Collins Trust is offering Scholarships to Africans for Masters Study in the UK. Canon Collins Scholarship covers Full tuition fees, a monthly stipend, a return economy flight, a settling-in allowance and other support whilst in the UK. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
Canon Collins Trust supports scholarships for study at the following universities:
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- University of Sussex
- University of Oxford & St Antony’s College
- University of Sheffield
- Queen Mary, University of London
The School of Oriental and African Studies and University of Sussex scholarships are open to any subject field. The University of Oxford scholarship is limited to the MSc in African Studies and the University of Sheffield scholarship is limited to Masters study courses in the field of International Development offered by the Department of Geography. The scholarship at Queen Mary is limited to the MSc in Global Public Health and Policy
To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be normally resident in southern Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time one-year taught masters course at one of the above named universities.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field
NOTE: Please note that Canon Collins Trust does not currently fund PhD study in the UK; however they act as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships.